Thursday, September 4, 2008

I love new rubber.......

The past 2 days have been great mail days for me the UPS man came not once, not even twice but 3 times- how exciting! I got tons of goodies from the new Holiday mini I can't wait to start playing with. I am in a swap run by Diana Gibbs that should be awesome. I have heard nothing but great things about her and her swaps, I can't wait to see what everyone creates; at the same time I am a little nervous, I need to make sure I produce a card everyone wants and would be proud to demonstrate, talk about pressure!!

Every month my upline coordinates a swap with the girls in our group, this one the requirements were you had to use the new InColors and "Say it with Scallops" stamp set. Since I am a major blog hopper I have seen tons of great cards made with this set (after all about 6000 demonstrators got it free at convention) one of my favorites was created by Sherri Barron I loved her card so much I made one very similar........(again excuse the scan, one of these days I will get it right)
The base is Baja Breeze, followed by a layer of Whisper White and some new 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in my favorite Chocolate Chip. Stamped "Hi" with Chocolate chip onto Pink Pirouette and punched it out with the 1 3/8 square then used a pop up glue dot to adhere that to a Pink Pirouette scallop square punched out with the new scallop square punch (I have no idea how we made cards without that punch, it is awesome!!!) I then added scallop squares in Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango (who thinks of these names?!?) and Chocolate Chip to complete the look. Pretty simple card yet pretty cute if I do say so myself.

Did I mention my Big Shot arrived today?!?! So exciting and well worth the 2 day shipping fees. Since I am off for the next 3 days I plan on doing nothing but scrapping and card making, looking forward to posting tons of new creations this weekend.

No comments: