Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I can never have enough chocolate chips in my life

Especially when it is 1" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon!! D's bosses' wife had a baby about a month ago and of course we are just now getting around to sending a gift. No gift is complete without a hand stamped card, so I sat down and played around a little until I came up with something I thought was acceptable.

I have tons of stamps but none that are really baby themed so I decided to go a little generic and just do a congrats card. I never use ribbon on my cards because I don't know how to tie a nice looking bow. At least I didn't know how to until I attended convention.... tie your ribbon around anything that is at least as wide as your card, cut the ribbon off the spool and get your bow exactly the way you want it. Once you are happy with the way it looks (if you are like me you will have to tie and untie a few times)cut the back of the ribbon so the bow comes off whatever object you tied it around. Now you have a perfect bow that you can just adhere to your card, no muss, no fuss. (by no means am I saying the bow on my card is perfect, I just know it is one of the better bows I have tied)

(one of these days I will post a clear crisp scan, just not tonight, I am tired.)


Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Say it with Scallops
Paper: Pink Pirouette,Bella Rose DSP and Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, Circle Punch (not sure what size)

I am almost finished with my holiday mini swaps, hope they will be going postal tomorrow which means I should be posting a pic of them soon. D said "I think that is the best thing you have ever done" Not really sure they are all that but I do know I am really happy with the way the came out and hope the other stampers in the swap will be too. Off to get some sleep so I can finish them in the AM.

1 comment:

Anna M said...

Girl - don't scan it. Just take a picture. Scanning is such a pain in the ass!