Wednesday, August 20, 2008

To Have or To Have Not......

I was off yesterday and was lucky enough to spend the day with my friend and upline Dawn and her family. The day started with swimming lessons for 2 of her 3 kids to swimming lessons, then we grabbed lunch and went back to the pool to enjoy the sunshine. Whenever I spend time with people who have kids it amazes me how they do it, Dawn is no exception. Her oldest daughter is in 3rd grade (I think she is 8) her other two children are 5 year old twins. Talk about having your hands full.... Dawn makes it look so easy, it I had to do what she does every day I am sure I would have lost my mind by now and if not my minds, at least one of the kids. I always say days like this are really good birth control, they remind me what the life of a parent is like and why I have decided to NOT have children.

After spending the day at the pool we got to spend some time stamping and hanging out with some other people from our group. It just so happens one of the other ladies (Doris) has to go to a wedding this weekend. (so do D and I) so the first priority for Doris and I was making wedding cards. After looking through what felt like thousands of samples (Dawn has millions!!) we came up with our inspiration. We decided we wanted different colors, changed some other elements and this is what we came up with (as always it isn't the best scan but in person the card looks great if I do say so myself)
Recipe:
Stamps: Always and Wonderful Words
Card Stock: Whisper White and Brushed Silver
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Retired Ribbon and Ribbons slider.
It really felt good to stamp and paper craft with friends. I need to do more of that, based on my work schedule it is hard to go to crops and other things because they are almost always on the weekends so when I get the chance to craft with other people I jump on it. After making the wedding cards we worked on some projects Dawn needed to complete, then we played around with the BigShot (can't wait to order mine, kind of impressed I haven't ordered it yet) and planned some activities for the rest of the year. All I have to say is watch out because it is going to keep getting better and better as the year goes on!!!

No comments: