Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday......

Sometimes I just have to brag about the man I married- he deserves husband of the year. I come home from work today to an interesting smell in the apartment. Turns out D tried to make chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite sweet treat) for my birthday and he burnt the chocolate :( Hey at least he tried right? The card he picked out for me was absolutely perfect- I feel like we have come a long way when it comes to cards- I think that is the most important part of the gift and D seems to think they are over rated, many a holidays came and went without cards, needless to say I wasn't very happy on those holidays. This year, the card is the best gift I could have received.

"For my Wife"
You know the story.
Two people meet and fall in love, they move all their belongings into the same small space and begin to
make a life together.
They discover that they have three toasters, two blenders and no even one coffeemaker.
They don't fold their shirts the same way, and they can't always agree on whose turn it is to clean house.
But these are the little things, and because these two people love each other, they find a way to work them out.
As time passes, there are other things-money worries, illnesses, family crises.
These are the big things.
But because the two people love each other, they find a way to work them out too.
And on special days like birthdays, they think about each other and about all the fun stuff they share and about
how their love has got them through the not-so-fun stuff.
And he says to her...Thanks for everything, I still love you very much.
Darren added- "Happy Birthday on our first year together as husband and wife. I'm glad I made the right choice. Love Always, Darren"
Who needs chocolate covered strawberries when you have a card like that? Not me!!

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Happy Birthday babe! I hope it is a good one. I am slowly catching up on reading my blogs.

I hope you enjoyed the Police. Your seats kicked ass!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! Your 7/31 blog brought tears to my eyes... you also, picked the right man...