Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's a small world after all

Okay now that I have that God awful song in your head I can go on with my post. When I signed up to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I had no idea it was going to be what it is today. To be honest I did it because I knew I would be ordering a lot of stuff and could use the discount, plus my "stamp lady" was so cool I would do anything to help her. So I signed up because I knew
Dawn would get credit for the recruit and she deserves it, she works so hard! Never did I think I would be signing up to go to convention or spending my days off stamping and scrapping. However, I have been and I love it. I have met so many cool people because of Dawn and Stampin' Up! it is amazing.

Yesterday morning I get a phone call from Dawn asking me what I am doing because friends of hers are coming out with a paper line and she is going to their house tonight to help them assemble kits. Of course I tell her I would go, like I said I would do anything for Dawn. So with yahoo maps directions in hands we head off to help these ladies out. From reading the directions I had a general idea of where we were going; however, I didn't realize it would be right around the corner from my family church.

I am so glad I went, these ladies are great, we hit it off immediately!!! They are introducing a new paper line at CHA in July, and let me tell you it is awesome!! The line is Mollie and Mac after 2 of their children. How cool is that?!? We kind of invaded Mac's dinning room- cutting, punch and stamping paper getting them ready for a "swatch" book they will be giving out at CHA.

Mollie and Mac (not their real names) were kind enough to give us their soon to be released paper. Of course I couldn't want to get home and start scrapping with it. Since I hadn't finished all the sketches from my sketch class I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and use their paper for one of the sketches. This is what I came up with.....

I really wish I had a 12x12 scanner because my picture does the paper absolutely no justice. Since it is a 2 page layout (my favorite) I thought I would also post pictures of each page, so here is page 1 and page 2
I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had with these ladies. All together there were 6 of us. At one point Mac went in the kitchen to get everyone drinks , when she came out she was carrying a cup with the flying WV on it so I got that cheesy alumni smile on my face and said "Oh My God, I went to WVU" and she said "I did too!" How cool is that, not only do we have scrapping in common but we are both Mountaineers!!! So Mac and I have a connection, but that doesn't mean Mollie (again not here real name) and I don't. In reading an email she sent this morning, I feel like her name is really familiar so I take a stab at it and ask if she is related to a girl I went to high school with, specifically her husband. Wouldn't you know it, she is. As a matter of fact, she is related to my high school friend and her husband is related to the high school friends husband. It is Mollie's mother that introduced my friend to her husband. Go figure! What a small world.

5 comments:

Anna M said...

Wow! What a small world! How funny!

I love that paper! It's beautiful - just like your layouts!

Have a good good weekend!

cinnibonbon said...

Oh how cool is that!!!

Kim said...

so glad you were able to have this experience!

Lynn Ghahary said...

wow! that sounds fantastic kelly! the paper looks gorgeous - how do we get our hands on some?

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I too would do just about anything for Dawn! Can't wait for convention when I get to meet both of you!