Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Feeling Accomplished

Today was a rather successful scappy day for me. Not only did I decide what my SWAPS will look like for convention, I got all of my cardstock cut! That is no small feat considering I am making 288 cards (kind of an odd number but that is because I am using 8 1/2 x 11 paper, cut into 4 and there are 24 sheets in each pack of paper and I got 3 packs of paper) Because of this amazing device, it took me less than 20 minutes to cut all of the base cards and a second layer of paper.


Seriously this thing is amazing- it cuts through 10 piece of card stock at once. You can read all about it here

As if getting all the card stock cut wasn't enough, I finished my first roll of ATG tape, that means I have done some serious scrapping lately, it takes awhile to go through 36 yards of adhesive. I was a little nervous about changing the roll since the first time I loaded it I did it while watching a tutorial video, no fear- I DID IT all by myself!! *big cheesy grin*

Tomorrow I hope to finish running paper through the paper crimper (I had to give my wrists a break, they were killing me) and get all of the crimped paper mounted on the base card stock so that all I have left to do is to actually stamp (go figure) I need to get my butt in gear considering convention is 55 days away. Kind of impressed with myself, usually I wouldn't start something with 55 days to go, must be getting responsible in my old age :)

As soon as I find the sample I made of my SWAP I will post it, I have no idea what I did with it, not like it is a big deal by the time I am done I will have 287 others to show you!!

2 comments:

Anna M said...

55 days away! You go girl!

I can't wait to see that sample! Where is the convention?

Kathryn said...

Wow, you are so organized! Just think how nice it will be not to have to worry about this as you get closer to the convention.