Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anna's Blog Part 2


Lately Anna has been my blog inspiration. I got my Friday Fillins from her and now I am taking this post from her too. In my defense she it isn't like she thought of this stuff on her own: she got the Friday Fillins from someone and she saw today's post on Lori's Blog. Regardless of where today came from, I thought it as fun and couldn't resist posting it.... cheesy I know



All About HIM

What is his name? Darren

How long have you been married? 11 Months (it will be a year 3/1/08)

How long did you date? 7 ½ years

How old is he? 38

Who eats more sweets? Hands down it is ME…..I eat ice cream sandwiches for breakfast for God sake

Who said I love you first? I did- after returning from a cruise, I realized when I was gone I missed him more than I had missed anyone else before.

Who is taller? D at 6’2”

Who can sing better? D or “Shane from FLA” as he is known at the Karaoke bar

Who is smarter? Me

Who does the laundry? D

Who pays the bills? I do

Who sleeps on the right side? D

Who mows the lawn? We don’t have a lawn, we life in an apartment

Who cooks dinner? Neither one of us really cook. We do a lot of take out and ready to eat dinners.

Who drives? 50/50 usually D drives there, he has a couple of beers and I end up driving home.

Who is more stubborn? If you ask D he would say it was me.

Who kissed who first? Officially it was him kissing me but I am the one that got the ball rolling. D and I were in Kim and Kevin’s wedding. The entire rehearsal dinner I felt him staring at me, not sure what that was all about, I just assumed he was a freak. Anyway, after the rehearsal dinner the bridal party went to a local bar to keep on celebrating. After several drinks and some casual conversation at the bar I could tell the kiss was coming, yet he did nothing. Finally our faces were inches from each other and I thought for sure he was going to kiss me when he didn’t I grew some balls and said “If you were thinking about kissing me, now would be a really good time.” and of course he kissed me, what guy would refuse an offer like that.

Who asked who out first? He asked me, only because I called him. The night of the rehearsal dinner we spent what felt like hours in the parking lot kissing. Then we had the wedding. Nothing big happened, we just hung out with everyone, I am sure we kissed again, just wasn’t as memorable as the rehearsal dinner night. The day after the wedding we all checked out of the hotel. I went on my merry way, stopped for gas somewhere between NJ and PA and wouldn’t you know D was as the same gas station (I think he was following me, he says no) and he asked me if I wanted to stop for breakfast. We ended up at a Denny’s in Alpha, NJ. We at breakfast and talked. At the end of the meal we were in the parking lot still talking and he said “so what now, do we exchange phone numbers” I gave him my business card with my phone number on the back- I made sure to tell him it was my private line and he could call anytime he wanted. (I was living with my parents at the time and wanted him to know the phone was in my room and my number and I would be expecting his call) He didn’t call on Monday and being the impatient one that I am, I paged him on Tuesday. He asked me out of Chinese because he remember me saying I like Chicken and Broccoli, and as they say “The rest is history”

Who proposed? D, during half time of a Giants football game, my ring was on top of an ice cream cake that said “Kelly will you marry me?”

Who has more siblings? Me, I am the oldest of 3, I have a brother and sister. D is also the oldest, he has a sister

Who wears the pants? I wish I could be politically correct and say it is a partnership but when push comes to shove I am the one that puts my foot down.

3 comments:

Vee said...

love this post!! i love ice cream sandwiches but won't buy them any more for that same reason! :)

Anna M said...

Are you saying I'm not creative enough to come up with stuff like this on my own?!?!? Just kidding.

I love your story. You had to know it was fate when you were at the same gas station.

Good stuff girl.

I refrain from my comment about you-know-who. What a poser.

cinnibonbon said...

LOL..great stuff I actually saw this on Lori's Blog the other night and then on A's tonight. I promised Lori I would update with that info...lol. On another note..I don't recall those dates..I seem to be a bit older than you all. What I do recall is the day that Princess Di died..I was floored and of course 911, seeing that I was in the military it was pretty close to home.
PS..I'm so glad you are blogging regardless of where your info is coming from