Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Historical Recap

Watching the historic Inauguration of Barack Obama today made me think about history and all of the things I have been witnessed in my life time. Not all of the events have been good ones, many tragic; however, all of them have impacted our country and world so dramatically making us better people and a stronger nation.

In no particular order, the historic events that happened during my life time…..

1. The Challenger explosion
2. Terrorist Attack on 9-11
3. The Berlin Wall came down
4. Operation Desert Storm
5. Operation Iraqi Freedom
6. Barack Obama became the 44th President
7. Michael Phelps won 8 Gold Medals in the 2008 Olympics
8. Nelson Mandela was freed from Prison
9. OJ Simpson got away with murder (since this is my list, I am entitled to my own opinions)
10. Attack on the USS Cole
11. Death of Pope John Paul II

I am sure there are some I am forgetting, and I can only hope and pray their will be more to come.

Regardless of party affiliation or political beliefs I hope you have found some renewed faith in the country I am proud to call home, the UNITED States of America.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen - I so rock with Barack!

Anonymous said...

Hello??!! I didn't see Dawn Rapsas #2 SU! Demo Leadership Category and #32 Demo of the Year!! What the heck kinda list is this anyhow??!! LOL!!